Interpretation and Application
"The Preacher's Toolbox" series is designed to provide guidance on the essential elements of a variety of preaching forms and preparation to those in the pulpit--professionals and laypersons alike.Book three of the series focuses on one of the most i... +
Ships Next Business Day
Stock report as of:In-Store:
05/24/13 04:29:13 pm
Call for Availablility
Free Economy Shipping on any order you place for $89 or more! Only applies to orders shipped within the Continental U.S.
- Product Details
- Preview Excerpt
"The Preacher's Toolbox" series is designed to provide guidance on the essential elements of a variety of preaching forms and preparation to those in the pulpit--professionals and laypersons alike.
Book three of the series focuses on one of the most important foundations for sound sermons: the importance of approaching scripture with an accurate understanding of the historical text along with the ability to speak in new and powerful ways in a contemporary setting.
In other words, how does one best make ancient biblical texts pertinent to the 21st century listener while maintaining the integrity of the scripture?
Articles separated into two sections include
- "Preaching Parables," Craig Blomberg
- "Soul Sermons from Psalms," Ken Smith
- "Speak to the Rock," John Beukema
- "Let the Text Question Your Framework," David Jackman
- "Preaching the Melodic Line," Dick Lucas
- ""We" Preaching and "You" Preaching," Haddon Robinson
- "The Place of Pastoral Wisdom in Application," Timothy Warren
- "The Listener's Agenda," Bryan Chapell
- "Riveting Sermons," Jeffrey Arthurs
- "Specific Application," Joshua Harris
|Editor||Larson, Craig Brian|
Click the google preview icon below for a limited preview of this title.
(If no icon is shown, preview is not available for this title.)