Philippians: A Greek Student's Intermediate Reader
From Textbook to Text Students who have completed their first year studying biblical Greek face a daunting challenge when they try to use their knowledge to translate and exegete the New Testament itself. "Philippians: A Greek Student's Intermediate ... +
Ships Next Business Day
Stock report as of:In-Store:
05/15/13 04:26:18 pm
Call for Availablility
Free Economy Shipping on any order you place for $89 or more! Only applies to orders shipped within the Continental U.S.
- Product Details
- Preview Excerpt
From Textbook to Text
Students who have completed their first year studying biblical Greek face a daunting challenge when they try to use their knowledge to translate and exegete the New Testament itself. "Philippians: A Greek Student's Intermediate Reader" is designed to help these students bridge the gap between the formulaic translation exercises found in grammars and the authentic text of the Greek New Testament. Students (and former students) can reinforce their knowledge of intermediate grammar while they translate a book of the New Testament.
This reader provides:
- the UBS4 Greek text of Philippians
- an original English translation
- an analysis of the morphology, structure, and meaning of the epistle's key words and phrases
- callout boxes that introduce intermediate grammatical concepts with clear definitions and examples in Greek and English
- a concise overview of New Testament syntax
- a glossary of grammatical terms
|Publisher||BAKER BOOK HOUSE|
|Author||Sumney, Jerry L.|
Click the google preview icon below for a limited preview of this title.
(If no icon is shown, preview is not available for this title.)